上海新航道教育培训学校—官网

咨询热线:
400-882-6311

上海新航道教育培训学校学校新闻>【上海新航道学校】托福听力*常见的55个习语
  托福听力很考验考生的听写水平,相比托福阅读和托福写作来说,托福听力更让考生头疼。如何能够攻克这一难题,取得高分呢?天道留学提醒您,托福听力需要天天听,并且及时积累一些常用习语和短句,以方便更好的理解题意。下面,就为大家总结“托福听力*常用55个习语”,希望对大家有所帮助。
  1) take a rain check 改天吧
  Model: [1998.8.北美(29)]
  —— Can you come over for dinner tonight? (今天晚上来吃饭好吗?)
  —— I’m up to my ears in work, so I’ll have to take a rain check.(我工作很忙,改日吧。)
  2) lost count 弄不清楚
  Model: [2000.1.(21)]
  —— Ever since your girlfriend moved to Bridgeport, you are always driving there. How many trips a week do you make anyway?(自从你的女友搬到Bridgeport,你老是开车去看她。一周去几次啊?)
  ——I have lost count, but I can do it with my eyes closed.(搞不清楚了,但我闭着眼也能摸过去。)
  3) be in another world 精神恍惚;魂不守舍
  Model: [1996.5.(25)]
  —— Pete’s really out of it these days.(Pete 这几天有点心不在焉。)
  —— Yeah, I know. Ever since he met Ann, he’s been in another world.(我同意。自从他遇见Ann, 他就魂不守舍了。)
  4) make yourself at home 随意,随便
  Model: [1999.8.(7)]
  —— Do you mind if I take off my jacket?(你介意我脱下夹克吗?)
  —— Of course not, make yourself at home.(当然不介意,随意一点!)
  5) save your breath 省口气吧;别白费口舌了
  Model: [1995.10.(14)]
  —— Hey? John! John!(嘿,John! John!)
  —— Save your breath. He"s out of earshot.(省口气吧。他已经听不到了。)
  6) make sense 有意义,理解
  Model: [1999.1.(29)]
  —— The plot of that movie is hard to follow.(那部电影的情节很难跟得上。)
  —— It makes more sense the second time.(再看一遍就理解了。)
  7) cost sb. an arm and a leg 非常昂贵
  Model: [1999。1。(4)]
  ——Did you see the diamond ring Bill gave to Linda?(你看到Bill送给Linda的钻戒了吗?)
  ——I sure did. It must have cost him an arm and a leg.(当然了。那一定很昂贵。)
  8) burn a hole in one’s pocket 很快地被花光
  Model: [1997.10 ]
  ——Have you saved enough to buy that new printer for your computer yet? (你攒足钱给你的电脑买一台新打印机了吗?)
  ——You know money seems to be burning a hole in my pocket lately . Maybe next month. (这几个月我花钱如流水。也许下个月吧。)
  9)fill one’s shoes 很好地顶替;令人满意地替代
  Model: [1997.8.]
  ——Have you heard that Professor Jones is retiring? (你听说Jones教授要退休了吗?)
  ——Yes. The faculty won’t find anyone to fill her shoes. (是的。学校将很难找到合适的人来代替她。)
  10)is ice cold 表示理所当然
  Model: [1995.10.]
  ——Does Prof. Ford always come to class? (Ford教授总是来上课吗?)
  ——Is ice cold? (当然了。)
  11)like apples and oranges 用来表示无法相比的事物
  Model: [1997.1.]
  ——Which game do you think is more difficult to learn, chess or bridge? (你认为桥牌和象棋哪个更难学?)
  ——They are like apples and oranges. (它俩没法比较。)
  12)look for a needle in a hay stack 大海捞针
  Model: [1990.1.]
  ——We are supposed to meet John here at the train station. (我们要在火车站接John。)
  ——That’s like looking for a needle in a hay stack . (那可真是大海捞针。)
  13)lose one’s train of 忘记
  Model: [1995.1.]
  ——When you interrupted me, you made me lose my train of thought. (你打断了我的思考,我忘记我在想什么了。)
  14)meet each other half way 相互妥协,让步
  Model: [1992.8.]
  ——My chemistry project is in trouble because my partner and I had totally different ideas about how to proceed. (我的化学课题出问题了。在进展问题上,我与我的合作者意见完全不同。)
  ——You should try to meet each other half way. (你们应该相互妥协。)
  15)on the dot 准时;正点
  Model: [1992.8.]
  ——Did you and Amanda really meet exactly five minutes to two in front of the theatre? (你和Amanda确实在差5分两点的时候到达剧院门口了吗?)
  ——Yes, we were both there on the dot. (是的,我俩都准点到达。)
  16)once and for all *后一次;干脆
  Model: [1996.1.]
  ——I am going to tell that neighbor of mine to turn down that music once and for all.(我要*后一次告诉我那个邻居把音乐声关小。)
  ——I see why you are angry. But I’ve always found that the polite route is the most effective. (我明白你为什么恼火。但我总觉得礼貌的方式是*有效的。)
  17)out of earshot 不在听力所及范围
  Model: [1995.10.]
  ——Hey? John! John! (嗨! John! John! )
  ——Save your breath. He’s out of earshot. (省口气吧,他听不见。)
  18)out of this world 非常好
  Model: [1995.10.]
  ——Have you tried Susan’s apple pie? (你试过Susan的苹果派吗?)
  ——I got the last piece. And it was out of this world. (我拿到*后一块。好吃极了。)
  19)play by ear 随机应变,视情形而定
  Model: [1989.8.]
  ——Marty, are you doing anything special for your presentation in political science tomorrow? (Marty,你在为明天的政治学演讲准备与众不同的材料吗?)
  ——Not really, because the class so often turns into a discussion, I’ve decided to play it by ear. (不。那门课常常*后变成讨论。我决定视情形而定。)
  20) ring a bell 令人想起某件事;听起来耳熟
  Model: [1992.10.]
  ——That name just doesn’t ring a bell with me. (那个名字我一点也不熟。)
  21)share a common outlook 有共同的观点
  Model: [1991.1.]
  ——Jeff and Alan share a common outlook on life. (Jeff 和Alan对于生活有共同的观点。)
  22)six of one and half-a-dozen of the other 半斤八两;没什么区别
  Model: [1989.1.]
  ——I can’t decide whether to take anthropology or geology this term. (我决定不了这学期是选人类学还是地理课。)
  ——It’s six of one and half-a-dozen of the other. (两门无甚差别。)
  23)stick around 在附近逗留或等待
  Model: [1995.5.]
  —
培训世界 上海新航道教育培训学校体验课 免费预约