宁波纬亚教育 —官网

咨询热线:
400-882-5311

宁波纬亚教育 学校新闻>英语美文 | What Can I Hold You With
I offer you lean streets,desperate sunsets,the moon of the jagged suburbs.
 
我给你瘦落的街道、绝望的落日、荒郊的月亮。
 
I offer you the bitterness of a man who has looked long and long at the lonely moon.
 
我给你一个久久地望着孤月的人的悲哀。
 
I offer you my ancestors,my dead men,
 
我给你我已死去的祖辈,
 
the ghosts that living men have honoured in marble:
 
后人们用大理石祭奠的先魂:
 
my father's father killed in the frontier of Buenos Aires,
 
我父亲的父亲,阵亡于布宜诺斯艾利斯的边境,
 
two bullets through his lungs,bearded and dead,
 
两颗子弹射穿了他的胸膛,死的时候蓄着胡子,
 
wrapped by his soldiers in the hide of a cow;
 
尸体被士兵们用牛皮裹起;
 
my mother's grandfather-just twenty-four,
 
我母亲的祖父——那年才二十四岁——
 
heading a charge of three hundred men in Perú,
 
在秘鲁率领三百人冲锋,
 
now ghosts on vanished horses.
 
如今都成了消失的马背上的亡魂。
 
I offer you whatever insight my books may hold.
 
我给你我的书中所能蕴含的一切悟力,
 
whatever manliness or humour my life.
 
以及我生活中所能有的男子气概和幽默。
 
I offer you the loyalty of a man who has never been loyal.
 
我给你一个从未有过信仰的人的忠诚。
 
I offer you that kernel of myself that I have saved somehow–the central heart that deals not in words,traffics not with dreams and is untouched by time,by joy,by adversities.
 
我给你我设法保全的我自己的核心——不营字造句,不和梦交易,不被时间、欢乐和逆境触动的核心。
 
I offer you the memory of a yellow rose seen at sunset,years before you were born.
 
我给你早在你出生前多年的一个傍晚看到的一朵黄玫瑰的记忆。
 
I offer you explanations of yourself,theories about yourself,authentic and surprising news of yourself.
 
我给你关于你生命的诠释,关于你自己的理论,你的真实而惊人的存在。
 
I can give you my loneliness my darkness,the hunger of my heart;
 
我给你我的寂寞、我的黑暗、我心的饥渴;
 
I am trying to bribe you with uncertainty,with danger,with defeat.
 
我试图用困惑、危险、失败来打动你。
培训世界 宁波纬亚教育 体验课 免费预约